Monday, June 14, 2010

Stuff

  • My last post I had  shared that I was planning to ride a bicycle sprint for the Kansas City Corporate Challenge and I am glad to report that I did, in fact, not fall over.  I also got to race on the Kansas Speedway itself for two laps at 8min 57sec for an average speed just a fuzz over 20mph. So I hit the modest goal I had and I've continued to ride regularly and I'm looking forward to the race next year.  I may even try a few time trials here around town for fun.  There's several guys at church who ride and it's been fun encouraging and being encouraged to stick with it.  If it stops raining we may get together and hit the trails...
  • This last Sunday the worship team had the pleasure of having the father of one of our singers (Jessica Robins) visit and play acoustic guitar.  He's a great guitar player and since he was in town we couldn't let him just sit in a pew without giving us a hand on stage.(I learn a lot by just listening to him play).  It's great to hear how much a really good guitar player can add to our group and we got several great comments on worship. The whole group was really relaxed and enjoying the worship.  Thanks again Randy for sitting in... 

No comments:

Post a Comment