Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Worship!


I have been inspired once again to blog, that yes indeed, there is a need:

This last weekend my wife and I went to Tulsa to visit friends (our old worship minister) and to see David Crowder in concert. I was not only a great deal of fun and a great worship time, but a reminder of something that occurred to me not long after I was involved in worship at my home Church... which is that music, the amazing gift from God, is the bridge between what's between your ears and what thumps in your chest. It is a powerful thing indeed to balance the emotive with the intellectual in way that is more that the sum of its' parts. While I admittedly only possess moderate intellectual and musical skills; I am thankful that I am allowed to experience the process while playing (and occasionally singing) on stage. Ah... another unexplainable mystery that brings me to the point of awe and childlike glee.

A exuberant exclamation of praise is in order at this point... (I will leave you to your own devices and good judgement to accomplish such as you deem appropriate)

No comments:

Post a Comment